Cardiovascular training is a very important fitness component. It develops the heart, lungs, and vascular system. Cardio is also imperative for weight loss. When choosing a cardio activity, be sure to find something that you enjoy doing. If you can’t find anything that you want to do, at least find an activity that won’t be too challenging. There are many activities to choose from, so find one that is best for you. The best activity is the one you will actually perform.
- Swimming is a great activity because it low impact. It is also great for very heavy individuals or if you have knee problems. If you have an injury to your lower body, you might be able to continue working out in the pool.
- Walking is another excellent activity. This is great for beginners. If you have lower back problems, a recumbent bike might be the best thing for you. It allows for back support.
- Aerobic classes are fun and exciting if you like working out with a crowd.
- The elliptical is a very popular machine for cardio training. It burns a lot of calories because it works the upper and lower body. It is also low impact.
- If you are in pretty decent shape and you want to challenge yourself, spin class will definitely be nothing short of a challenge.
Here are a few keys points to remember when performing cardio:
- Start out at a comfortable level and gradually progress.
- Try different activities.
- Be consistent (3-6 times per week).
- Stretch before and after.
- The best activity for you is the one you will actually do.
- Get a few cardio buddies to keep you motivated.