How to Perform the Fitness Ball Hamstring Curl
The Fitness Ball Hamstring Curl is a leg exercise that targets the hamstrings, as well as the glutes and core.
Why use a fitness ball?
This simple but powerful accessory will help you:
- Better engage your muscles
- Improve your core stability
- Work on your balance
- Remove unwanted pressure from your joints
Fitness Ball Hamstring Curl
|STEP 1: Lie on the mat with your arms at your sides. Place your heels on the Fitness Ball with your toes pointing upward. Raise your hips from the floor.|
|STEP 2: Bend your knees and pull the ball toward you. Keep your arms on your sides and your hips off the mat while flexing your knees. Roll the ball out to the starting position. Perform 10 reps.|
- To keep your hips off the floor, you’ll really have to tighten (engage) your glutes and core. This will activate your muscles and increase their performance.
- To make this move more challenging, progress to Single Leg Hamstring Curl.